Kim Nieves on Facebook

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Free Food Workshop Part 2!

Now I know why there are free short courses conducted on our Baranggay. It's a part of our Congressman's pre-campaign for the upcoming Mayoral Elections. He pays for our tuition fees, and it's 5 thousand pesos for a short course. Thanks Mr. Cong! I'm happy I save 5k each time I attend these food workshops. Asian Touch International Training Institute is the name of the school, and have I told you before that it's Tesda-accredited? Since we have finished the Meat Processing Course (wow, can't believe it's considered a short course!), the topic last weekend is another new course. The topic? Chicken Deboning. I'm so ignorant that I was figuring out how to remove the bones of the chicken without doing some "operation" part by part. But as we came to the topic I realized it's as easy as 1-2-3. Okay, I'm exaggerating again, maybe X-Y-Z, haha. It's not so easy but not as hard as I thought. The most difficult part for me is running back and forth to our home to get some utensils that were not mentioned to be needed earlier. It was raining, and Daryll's car won't start up. Ughh 90s car problems. We had to do it by foot. After deboning, we had to wrap the stuffed chicken with banana leaves and deep-fry it.
Time to cook the gravy...
It was hagardness day, see how exhausted we look:
But at the end of the day, it was all worth it! The chicken relleno tasted like heaven, and I just can't get enough! The meat, the skin, the sauce... Ooohhh, it's an orgasm for the taste buds!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

0 comments: