Kim Nieves on Facebook

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Free Food Workshop

One free Saturday morning, my boyfriend's mom called to tell me that there will be a free food processing seminar happening at the homeowner's office of their village. Eager to learn more about cooking, I rushed as fast as lightning to their home, never minded taking a bath! Haha! Little did I know that it was a legitimate 2-day food processing course offered by Tesda and that we will be given vocational certificates if we pass the short course. That made me even more thrilled! Since the venue was just walking distance from our house, this is what I wore:
Outfit: Grey Blouse, Denim Pants, Silver Wedges, Ombre Bag
It was a cold, rainy day so I decided to put on the white sleeveless blazer I was keeping in my bag. Our instructor asked us not to wear any bracelet or ring on the actual demonstration, good thing I wasn't wearing any of those. Attending the seminar, we learned how to make longganisa, tocino, luncheon sausage, embutido, tapa and burger patty, and picked up some awesome cooking techniques. Meet our cooking master, Ma'am Angel:
We were divided into 5 groups, 6 members each, and Ma'am Angel asked us to pick a leader for each group. Guess who's the leader of our group. No, not yours truly, but yours truly's boyfriend, Daryll. Uhm, Daryll, didn't our teacher tell us not to wear any arm accessory, huh?
After some mixing, simmering, frying and garnishing, we finally came up with these:
Boy, do they make me drool... After the presentation of the outcome, it was time to eat them. I wasn't expecting the taste to be good, as it was our first time to make such a dish, but surprisingly, the food was quite palatable. Yum, yum, yum! Delicioso! ...And it turned out to be a mini-date!
Now all we have to do is wait for our Tesda graduation day!
 
Bon Appétit!

0 comments: