Kim Nieves on Facebook

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

D.I.Y. Project: Hair Pin Statement Earrings

Hey, hey. Come over here. I'm gonna tell you a secret... a dirty little secret. Are you ready? I wore Do-It-Yourself pieces to Philippine Fashion Week. Yes! You read that right, D.I.Y.s. Because designer pieces are too mainstream!
Oh c'mon Kim, you're just too thrifty to spend on anything.
Well that may be true. Don't you just love it when you fill out another deposit slip? That's why I didn't hesitate to include to my Fashion Week cart list this easy DIY Project: Hair pin Earrings!

Now if you plan to do this project too, Here's how:

DIY Project: Hair Pin Earrings
Estimated Budget: P20-30 (USD 40-70cents) Pretty cheap, eh?
Materials used:
Hoop earrings. (I got them for only P10)

Hair Pins / Bobby Pins.

So here's how I did it:
Secure a pin into the hoop.

Do this repeatedly until your desired thickness.
Mine, I used 20 pins for each hoop.

Repeat the process on the other hoop... and viola!
This is how they should look like:

And this is how I look like when I wear them:

Yep, I wore those earrings on Day 2 of the Philippine Fashion Week! Love 'em! Good luck!

0 comments: